We are looking for a reliable and resourceful Cyber Security Engineer to join one of our well-established and stable Wirtek teams working for a long-term Danish partner developing a platform for testing the Europe 5G infrastructure. The team delivers security solutions and services across a range of technology domains including cloud, web, endpoint, network and more.
What you'll be doing:
The cybersecurity team is looking for an individual with a passion for web application security and applying hands-on skills, using web inspection tools and technical expertise to investigate, test and assess web security issues, solve problems and recommend remediation measures in a modern enterprise security program worthy of Keysight.
A successful candidate will become a member of the Information Security and Compliance team and will work with web developers, application owners and users to implement security controls, identify weaknesses, adopt best practices. This will include producing and analyzing vulnerability reports, as well as manually reproducing, demonstrating and explaining the findings. Collaboration on projects with the rest of the security team and with engineers from other departments will be frequent.
What you’ll need to be successful
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Information Security or equivalent
- Strong understanding of DNS, TCP, HTTP and related security issues
- Understanding of common web application protocols (XML, JSON, SAML2, WSGI)
- Understanding of web servers and reverse proxies, such as Apache, Nginx and Tomcat
- Ability to use common networking tools like nmap, curl, openssl and wireshark
- Experience with web application security scanners, such as Net Sparker and Burp Suite
- Understanding of public keys, certificates, and authentication concepts
- Understanding of application security issues such as the OWASP Top 10
- Ability to understand technical details of web application vulnerability disclosures
- Ability to independently handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, on both technical and non-technical issues
What we'll hook you up with:
- A friendly environment where initiative is supported
- Learning opportunities tailored to all needs - workshops, conferences, e-learning platforms, certifications such as Microsoft, ISTQB, CCNA - pick your mix
- Work-life balance and flexibility - flextime, respect and support for personal needs
- Lots of goodies and perks - medical insurance, gym pass, team activities and more
- Awesome people to work with :)