A Brief Company History
Wirtek A/S is a Danish consultancy services company with strong competences in outsourcing of software development product testing services. We provide our customers with flexible services of high quality at competitive prices from our Development and Test Center in Romania. Our competencies include web-based solutions and portals, mobile solutions as well as embedded systems. Wirtek focuses on building long-term customer partnerships and a win-win relation that creates added value for our customers.
Highlights in Wirtek’s History
- 2001 – Wirtek established based on spin-off from Nokia
- 2006 – Initial Public Offering on the Nasdaq OMX First north market place
- 2006 – Development- and Test Center established in Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- 2007 – Wirtek Mobile Academy established to educate software developers in mobility
- 2007 – Selected by Microsoft as preferred global training partner for Microsoft Dynamics Mobile
- 2010 – Strategic focus on small and medium-size businesses
- 2014 – Wirtek adds another office facility in Cluj-Napoca to handle the growth
- 2016 – Wirtek celebrates 15 years in Aalborg, Denmark 2001-2016! Wirtek celebrates the 10th Anniversary of the Software Development and Testing center in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 2006 – 2016!
In order to express our beliefs in the way we work and all we do as a company, we created a set of five company core values. They lie at the heart of our vision and mission and form the foundation of our professional relation to customers, partners, and colleagues.
Wirtek takes its social role in the community very seriously. It affects the way we perceive ourselves as well as our engagement in activities that are not directly related to Wirtek’s business activities.
A few examples of our commitment to living up to our social responsibility: